We did it! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! We made our HEART OF A SHEPHERD goal of $525,000.00 this past COMMITMENT WEEKEND when you filled out a pledge card during the mass and even more exhilarating is that we went OVER GOAL! We are at $545,000 as of Tuesday, May 9, 2021! We are helping priests and seminarians, while also receiving help to buy a new hybrid electronic pipe organ for the choir lift.
Some of you at home would have mailed your pledge cards into the Catholic Community Foundation and that will bring us MORE OVER GOAL when I receive that tally of pledges. I will keep you informed as to our progress along the way.
Secondly, it is real important NOW, if those of our parish, who mentioned “praying” about what you can do when they filled out the pledge card this past weekend, that IHM will receive $.80 of every dollar that you may pledge and that will be most helpful to fulfill more of our local projects in the church building.
Having made the goal, $525,000.00, mathematically I know that IHM will receive $340,000.00 (65%) and that is the correct amount of money to be able to purchase the organ for the choir loft and have some money left over to begin a refurbishing of our sanctuary. I dream of:
- Moving the tabernacle to the center nave
- New flooring for sanctuary and church
- Constructing accessibility movement in the sanctuary
- Painting the church interior
Parishioners still praying about what to do may make their pledges over a three-year period through the following ways:
- Drop off your pledge card at Mass or at the parish office
- Mail your pledge card (there are some in the parish office) to me at IHM or The Catholic Community Foundation, 1404 East Ninth Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44114
- Pledge online through the secure giving site at: www.catholiccommunity.org/Shepherd
If you have any questions about the Heart of a Shepherd campaign, please contact me at (330) 929-8361 or the Campaign Office at (216) 902-1300 or HeartofaShepherd@catholiccommunity.org.